“A caring community with quality services that focuses on people, where a business and community partnership creates opportunities for all.”
East Side Manor is a community of fifty one quality and affordable apartments, located near downtown Sandusky. The apartments are conveniently located within walking distance of the downtown area.
The Housing Commission of East Side Manor is committed to providing the advantages of independent living at an affordable price for the elderly, handicapped and disabled.For Commission Minutes - Click here
- One bedroom apartments.
- Approximately 500 sq. Ft. in each apartment.
- Emergency Response System in bedroom and bathroom.
- Convenient location within walking distance of downtown.
- Balconies on all units.
- Handicapped accessible apartments available.
- Coin operated laundry.
- Frost-free refrigerator, electric range and garbage disposal.
- Easy access to public transit system.
- Community Room available to residents for various activities.
- On-site Dining Center (Human Development Commission).
- Water, gas and electric all included in rent.
- Subsidized Housing - 30% of adjusted income.
Apartment Floor Plan
East & West Apartment floor plan shown. North & South side apartments are a slightly different size.
- Bedroom - 9' 10.5" x 13' 4"
- Living area - 11' 6" x 14' 5"
Call Susan Henry, Housing Director, 810-648-4230 for rent information.
An applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible to live at East Side Manor.
The applicants gross income must be in the very low income bracket or lower for Sanilac County. Currently the income limits are $17,900 for one person and $20,500 for two people.
The applicant must qualify as a family or a single person who is:
- 62 years of age or older.
- Handicapped or disabled according to the Social Security Act of 1964.
For more information, contact the Housing Director.
Fair Housing Act
East Side Manor complies with Fair Housing Act, which prohibits "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination."
East Side Manor Director: Susan Henry
239 Roberts St.
Sandusky MI 48471
810-648-4230 (FAX) 810-648-1815
Hours: M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm
For leasing information call 810-648-.4230.